3.0
Privacy and Data Security
Style and Design
Usability
Poster increased review rating.

In the end, it was waiting for 6 days for a support response that never materialized.I had upgraded to Win 10 and the system was saying I had exceeded my license.

Fair enough. Those DBs need to be updated. I wrote a note, got an auto response, then nothing. By the end of the week, I decided that even though I had 2 months left on my license, it would be safer to just go with another product.

If MWB cannot find enough staff to do a simple account reset in less than a week, then this is not a company I want to rely on. I can understand next day or even 2 day response, but 1 week+ (I never did get a reply) is not acceptable. Period. If their support is indicative of product quality, then I have to question whether the software will perform as needed.

On an operational note, the software never stayed configured. I was constantly getting messages that web protection had been turned off. When and why that happened is a mystery.

Along with the support issue, it showed the product and company to be only unreliable.Uninstalled and moving on.

Review about: Malwarebytes Technical Support.

Reason of review: slow ticket response time, unreliable software features.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Malwarebytes was great until is kept malfunctioning.

I didn't like: Lack of contact phone or email.

Had an Experience with Malwarebytes?

Comments

You'd better check for trojans.

Forever.

h.kitchener

For most, paying for anti virus/malware protection is a waste of money.You can find many free versions of this software and they work just fine for most.

In your case, it appears you have cancelled Malwarebytes but make sure you did not sign up for auto renewal, which most companies now have. If auto renewal is a part of your purchase, be aware they will charge your card when the renewal date comes up.

As for customer support, all of these have virtually no customer service.That's just the way it is.

jrowan
to h.kitchener #1377617

In my case, the purchased version was the better one.MWB free version does not offer much other than standard protection.

I am a full time online freelancer and receive files from all sorts of sources, so every little bit of extra protection is helpful. Also, I have clients that feel much better when the realize I am serious enough to use products that I pay for.

But you are right, often times these purchased versions are not a whole lot better and if I wasn't in the business I am in, I would be primarly reliant on the free stuff.

Regarding customer support....it you go with the free stuff, then yes, not much can be expected. However, with all software that I license, I expect at least a cursory amount of support. In this particular case, all I needed was someone to clear the licensing server and that was it.

I did not need to have my hand held on anything else. Just a simple swift deletion - probably an unchecking of a box - on my account.

I did finally receive a message today and apparently there some feature that indicates the software was being migrated. All of this could have been solved with that one singe sentence a week ago in a cut-n-paste reply.

But no, I had to wait a week.

I call BS on that.

Thanks for the reminder about auto renewal.I did not have that enabled, but given this past incident, i will be sure to check again.